Be a Part of UC3
The University Climate Change Coalition is committed to leveraging their institutional strengths as leading research institutions to foster a robust exchange of best practices and lessons learned in pursuit of accelerating local climate solutions that reduce greenhouse emissions and build community resilience.
Why be a part of UC3
- Collaborate with a network of research university presidents and chancellors, campus sustainability professionals, climate researchers, and climate communicators.
- Participate in a knowledge exchange of best practices for cross-sector climate action, engaging stakeholders in the public and private sector, and implementing innovative community-driven climate solutions.
- Provide your faculty an opportunity to shape a national research agenda driven by the need for climate solutions.
- Create new research and institutional funding opportunities as the priorities are established.
- Participate in high profile national and international events such as the Global Climate Action Summit, the Higher Education Climate Leadership Summit, and expert panels with global partners.
- Amplify your current campus programs and activities via a network of communication channels.
- The University head has pledged to reduce their institutional carbon footprint and commitment is consistent with objectives of the Paris Climate Agreement and the Under2 MOU for subnational climate leaders
- The University is a research institution designated as R1 by Carnegie Classification for US schools, an informal designation for non-US schools in North America.
- Acknowledgment of participation from the president/chancellor’s office and designation of a liaison, an executive sponsor, and communications contact.
- The ability for the liaisons to participate, with the rest of the cohort, in UC3 meetings/calls including senior leadership where appropriate.
- Commitment to holding a cross-sector climate convening (public or private) within a year of joining the Coalition and reporting outcomes to the other UC3 institutions.
Contact Gina Stovall (email@example.com) to express interest in joining the Coalition.
- Membership is open to any university that is interested in furthering climate action in the higher education sector, agrees to support the Coalition’s Mission Statement, and can fulfill the eligibility requirements.
- The steering committee will evaluate the eligibility of universities that express interest in joining the coalition and approve those that clearly meet all requirements.
- Once a university is deemed eligible the Leadership Lead institution’s president of chancellor will extend a written invitation that includes instructions on how to formally accept the invitation.