SIMAP™: Sustainability Indicator Management and Analysis Platform
We are again partnering with the University of New Hampshire Sustainability Institute to support the Sustainability Indicator Management and Analysis Platform (SIMAP™). SIMAP offers campuses a simple, comprehensive, and affordable online tool for measuring, calculating, and reporting their carbon and nitrogen footprints. Signatories will again receive access to SIMAP at a 40% discount for the tier 1 functionality and will be able to share their data via API to the Second Nature Reporting Platform.
How SIMAP helps?
The tool has been redesigned to provide a simple and adaptable user interface, making data entry and tracking easier. UNH will help all current users of CCC and CMAP transition their data using a simple import function. Our signatories of the Presidents’ Climate Leadership Commitments will also be able to see required reporting fields, and in the paid version, export to our reporting platform.
The integration of the nitrogen footprint extends the scope of the tool beyond carbon, allowing it to account for environmental impacts such as biodiversity loss, water quality, and air quality. In addition, this integration incorporates the nitrogen footprint of food purchase.
UNH is also looking towards the future of sustainability reporting, designing the platform so that new sustainability indicators (phosphorus, water, or others) could easily be integrated in the future.
Will there be a cost?
SIMAP will continue to offer a two month free trial with basic functionality, while providing a suite of additional useful features for a nominal license fee. This model will allow UNH to cover the costs of continuing to offer and support this tool for the good of the entire campus sustainability community. In addition, all Presidents’ Climate Leadership Commitment signatories will have a 40% reduction in costs for the upgraded versions.
Free Trial: At no cost, you receive basic access to the tool will provide the calculation of the campus carbon and nitrogen footprint. This basic access will be available on a web platform where users can enter and store their data for up to two months.
Tier 1: The Tier 1 functionality will be the first paid version with a license cost of $350 per year.
Some of the Tier 1 features will be:
- Import and export of all input data, emissions factors and results—for ease of use and manipulation in MS Excel
- Customized emissions factors for all sources
- Nitrogen footprint results based on data entered for GHG inventory (as well as on optional additional entry of food purchasing data
- The ability to add and manage multiple users for one institutional account
- Export to our Reporting Platform for Presidents’ Climate Leadership Commitment signatories
Tier 2: An update planned for FY/19 will implement the Tier 2 functionality. The following are examples of the types of features that may be included:
- “Projections” and “solutions” analysis to assist in Climate Action Planning
- Complete Scope 3 reporting module (based on the WRI Scope 3 Protocol)
- Benchmarking capabilities based on sector averages and peer institutions
- Customizable report templates
- Auto-reporting to other platforms
|Free Trial||Tier 1||Tier 2|
|Cost||2 months FREE||$350||$500|
|Data Storage||2 months||Long-term||Long-term|
|Scopes 1-3 +
|Support Level||Basic technical||Advanced||Advanced|
|Other||n/a||Data review by