Free Access to GRITS
The Green Revolving Investment Tracking System (GRITS) is an online platform that allows users to track the energy, financial, and carbon savings data from sustainability projects. GRITS also features a library of more than 2,500 projects completed by other GRITS users across the United States and Canada. Through partnership between Second Nature and the Sustainable Endowments Institute (SEI), all Climate Leadership Network signatories and/or University Climate Change Coalition (UC3) members, have free access to GRITS as a benefit.
To get started, please fill-out the a brief form to be contacted by a representative of SEI who will then set-up a GRITS user account for you.
Complete the Form
With this free version of GRITS, users can:
- Access the GRITS Dashboard, which displays a tally of investments made and cost savings captured to-date as well as a snapshot of your project portfolio’s energy, carbon, water, and waste savings
- Use the Project Details page to track project-specific details, including project type, cost, relevant transactions, performance, and measurement and verification
- View a limited version of the GRITS Project Library, which allows for filtering through projects from other institutions by project type, project cost, payback period, region, and more
- Embed a dashboard of customized project metrics into your institution’s website to share the impact of your projects
- Track up to 5 projects with one user account
- Access the GRITS Goals – a new tool for climate and energy action planning
Second Nature and SEI have hosted numerous webinars together, focused on how to use the tool. Please find those below.