2012 ACUPCC Climate Leadership Summit
June 21, 2012
The 6th Annual American College & University Presidents’ Climate Commitment (ACUPCC) Climate Leadership Summit took place June 21st-22nd in Washington, DC at American University. 53 signatory presidents and senior staff from over 65 institutions gathered to celebrate the first five years of the ACUPCC and to respond to the summit theme of “Economic Renewal: jump-starting a sustainable economy through the ACUPCC”.
A Summit summary provides session details and photographs from the event. See below for other helpful links and presentation recordings.
2012 Second Nature Awards
- Welcome by Second Nature Board Chair David Hales and American University President Neil Kerwin
- Keynote Address by Dianne Dillon-Ridgley
- Presentation of Visionary Leadership Award to Mary Anne (Anderson) Lanier on behalf of Ray Anderson
- Presentation of 2012 Second Nature Climate Leadership Awards
- Introduction of David Orr by Oberlin College President Marvin Krislov
- Address by and Visionary Leadership Award to David Orr, Paul Sears Distinguished Professor of Environmental Studies and Politics and Special Assistant to the President of Oberlin College