Climate Action Pursuit – What
We will bring people together during four milestones for flexible virtual programming including peer learning, networking, and workshop sessions that equip participants to move forward over the year on their goals.
Milestone check-ins will take place at four points in the year. In each milestone, a compelling agenda of virtual programming – a mix of live and recorded/on-demand – and networking will be scheduled over the course of 2-3 days.
- February 24-26, 2021
- June 10-11, 2021
- October 7-8, 2021
- December 9-10, 2021
The programming of each milestone event will build over the course of the year: in February, we will focus most on goal-setting, learning, and connecting; in June and October, we will focus on doing – using peer-learning and tools to move participants and their institutions along their Pursuits; in December, we will focus on reporting out on progress, formalizing commitments, celebrating successes, and mapping out next steps.
The Climate Action Pursuit is designed to fit into already chaotic schedules and support the work you are doing to affect positive change. At each event, participants might spend anywhere from 4-24 hours connecting with others in the Climate Action Pursuit, depending on their own needs and capacity.
In between milestone sessions, participants will be invited to join ongoing regular programming from both Climate Action Pursuit hosts, Second Nature and the Intentional Endowments Network, and to connect with each other to collaborate throughout the year.
- Session topics: Energy, Efficiency, Offsets, Net Zero Endowment Portfolios
- Session topics: Campus DEI Policies, Investment Policy Statements, Sustainable Retirement Options for Faculty/Staff, Active Ownership/Shareholder Engagement, Engaging with State/Local/National/Global Policies, ESG Investment
Pursue Racial Justice
- Session topics: cross-listed with other tracks, explicit focus on racial justice (ie, Racial Equity Investing; Engaging on Just Transition Policies; Engaging Students of Color; Shareholder Engagement for Racial Justice; etc.)
- Session topics: Campus-Community Partnerships, Community Impact Investing
Pursue Student Leadership
- Session topics: Student-managed Investment Funds, Sustainable Finance Curriculum, Student and Young Trustees
- Session topics: Leading Research in Scope 3, GHG Accounting, Defining Investment Portfolio Metrics, Curriculum
In an effort to facilitate meaningful peer learning, we will provide platforms for Peer Teams to meet regularly throughout the year to explore various topics and integrate learning, deepen commitments, and move to action.