Crossing Sectors – Driving Solutions
About the Summit
Higher education has been leading on addressing the climate crisis with more 600 institutions committed to carbon neutrality through the Presidents’ Climate Leadership Commitments. It’s now time to turn the cross-sector alignment initiated by the We Are Still In (WASI) coalition – hundreds of businesses, investors, cities, and institutions of higher education in the US committed to the goals of the Paris Agreement – into performance and action. Second Nature and the Intentional Endowments Network, will host the 2018 Summit focused on cross-sectoral collaboration, and grand solutions to the climate challenge.
Including speakers from the sectors involved in the We Are Still In coalition, the Summit will relate big ideas to tangible actions with senior leadership teams leaving the event well prepared to take the most effective next steps individually, collectively, and across sectors. By bringing together key players from a variety of sectors as featured speakers, leaders at colleges and universities will understand national trends, and strategize about how higher education can capitalize on innovative solutions.
What will happen?
- Attendees will share an understanding of the top priorities and opportunities for climate action in 2018 on individual campuses, collectively as a sector, and in alignment with other sectors
- Senior leaders and senior leadership teams from the Climate Leadership Network will be inspired by and have greater perspective in the power of collective action to advance globally-relevant climate goals in alignment with the mission and strengths of higher education
- Cross-sectoral leaders will recognize the important role higher education can play in leading and convening local collectives as a result of national goal-setting
- Attendees will have a greater appreciation for new tools and skills that they can bring to help solve the grand challenges identified at the Summit
- Presidents and Chancellors
- Chief Business Officers
- Senior Sustainability Directors
- Chief Investment Officers
- Business Leaders
- Local government representatives
- Representatives from WASI organizing coalition
What will my days look like?
Sunday, February 4
- Welcome Reception 5:00 – 7:00pm
Monday, February 5
- Program 8:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday, February 6
- Program 8:00am – 3:00pm
Where will I stay?
We have reserved rooms for you at DoubleTree Hotel. To book your room for the summit, visit the hotel site or contact DoubleTree Hotel at 1.800.528.6481 and mention Second Nature Presidential Climate Leadership Summit to receive the discounted rate of $169.00 for your stay at the hotel.
Why Second Nature and IEN?
Both Second Nature and the Intentional Endowments Network are built on the belief that networks support, facilitate, generate and encourage higher education’s leadership on climate action. Our organizations are built on the strength of collaborative action and learning, fostering innovation, affecting policy and building capacity. SN and IEN understand that mobilizing capital internally and through investments are critical for campuses to achieve their climate goals and that engagement of the private sector is crucial to mobilizing the capital needed to create a low carbon economy.