Second Nature at AASHE Conference 2017
Next week is the AASHE 2017 Conference, and many signatories are traveling to San Antonio. Our partners at AASHE have put together an excellent agenda, covering a wide range of campus sustainability topics!
Signatory representatives, Second Nature staff, and partners are providing many new resources that are relevant to meeting Presidents’ Climate Leadership Commitment and We Are Still In goals on carbon reduction and resilience. If you are not able to make it and would like slides or more information about any of these topics, please let me know, and we can pass on the resources. If students or colleagues from your institution are attending but are not Reporting Platform contacts, please pass on this email to them.
The best opportunity to connect is at the Climate Leadership Commitment Signatory Networking Session on Monday 10/16 at 4:45 – 5:45pm in Riverwalk Room: Salon C. It will include networking with signatory representatives and a year in review. Following the networking session, join us at an informal happy hour at the Riverwalk Yard House Restaurant.
Sessions and Presentations
Other opportunities to connect include:
Sunday, October 15
- Lead your school to carbon neutrality and 100% renewable energy, Student Summit. 1:00-2:15. Room: 225A
Monday, October 16
- Getting Traction with Large-Scale Renewable Energy Procurement, with CustomerFirst Renewables: 9:15- 10:15, Salon D
- Power in Numbers: Collaborative Solar Procurement in Virginia, with partner ISCV, 10:45 AM – 11:15 AM, Salon D
- Facilitating Urban Climate Resilience Planning: Experiences from 3 Cities, with CRUX fellows, 11:30-12:30, Room: 221C
- Climate Action Data: New Tools & Metrics- Poster Session. 3:00-4:15, Expo Hall
- Climate Leadership Commitment Signatory Networking Session, Networking Meeting. 4:45-5:45, Salon C
- Informal Networking Time, 6:00-7:30, Riverwalk Yard House Restaurant, 849 E. Commerce St San Antonio, TX 78205. Light Appetizers.
Tuesday, October 17
- Utilizing Innovative and Peer Reviewed Carbon Offsets, 8:30-9:00, Salon C
- Submetering: Identify, Integrate, Fix—and Cruise, with GreenerU, 9:15 – 10:15, Salon F
- Developing Carbon Credits on Your Campus through the Voluntary Carbon Market, 9:15-10:15, Salon E
- Climate Leadership Network Carbon Offset Projects Networking, Networking Meeting. 12:45-1:45, Salon C
- Aligning Endowment Investments with the Paris Climate Agreement & the Sustainable Development Goals, 2:45pm-3:45, HGCC, 225B
- Strategic Alignment: Communicating Sustainability’s Contributions and Value to Mission Level Priorities, 2:45-3:45, Room:221 D
Wednesday, October 18– Post Conference Workshops
- Climate Action (re)Boot Camp! 8:30-12:30, Room: 225 B. This workshop will help kick-start your GHG and Climate Action efforts. Attendees can register on-site if they do so by 30 minutes before the start of the workshop.
- Booth 307: Midwest Renewable Energy Association, Second Nature’s partner in DOE’s Sunshot program. Check out a recorded demo of MREA’s new free solar finance simulator every hour, on the hour and get solar energy help.
- Booth 423: GreenerU, Second Nature’s Partner in an upcoming New Jersey BYOP event, will do a Bring Your Own Problem at AASHE too, go to chat about strategizing your climate efforts and more!
We made a list with even more climate focused sessions. If there are additional ones we missed, let me know and/or tag @LeadonClimate on twitter so we can help highlight your awesome work during the conference!